RE: st: Looping within a subset under a certain condition

From   "Gerard Solbrig" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Looping within a subset under a certain condition
Date   Sun, 30 Sep 2012 20:28:40 +0200

I'm sorry, but I've been trying for hours now: Stata yields me "invalid
syntax r(198);" every time I try to run this code:

sort cusip6 rep date
gen obs = _n
gen rep_ins = 0
egen firm_numid = group(cusip6)
summarize firm_numid, meanonly
forvalues x = 1/`r(max)' {
	su obs if firm_numid == `x' & rep == 0, meanonly
	local z1 = r(min)
	local z2 = r(max)
	su obs if firm_numid == `x' & rep == 1, meanonly
	local o1 = r(min)
	local o2 = r(max)
	forvalues i = `z1'/`z2' {
		local isin = 1
		forvalues o = `o1'/`o2' {
			if inrange(trandate[`i'], wind_start[`o'],
wind_end[`o']) {
			local isin = 0
			}
		if `isin' == 1 replace rep_ins = 1 in `i'
		}
	}
}

Despite countless tries and modifications, I cannot find the mistake in the
syntax. I simply don't know what is supposed to be wrong here.
I know this code should be working the way I need it...

Many thanks in advance.
Gerard