st: Anova for mixed design and repeated measures

From   Anisa Shyti <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Anova for mixed design and repeated measures
Date   Wed, 26 Sep 2012 20:46:37 +0200

Hi,

I am facing some doubts concerning the use of ANOVA in Stata.

First, I am using a peculiar mixed design, as follows:

1. Dependent variable continuous in (0,1)
2. Three between subjects treatments (ie, three different teaching methods).
3. A repeated measures design  2x2x3 within subjects (expcond1,
expcond2, and expcond3) = 12 questions for each participant.

A simple anova is not sufficient:  anova score treatment, as it does
not consider the repeated measures of point 3.

Also, if I try the following:

 anova score treatment  question, repeated(question)

gives error: could not determine between-subject basic unit; use
bseunit() option
r(422)

Any suggestions on how to write an anova command that takes into
account my design (I am extensively referring to Winer et al 1991 and
Stata manuals).

Thank you so much in advance,
Anisa