Re: st: Fwd: tobit regression and co-variance matrix - can I use the estout or outreg command to store the matrix in excel?

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Fwd: tobit regression and co-variance matrix - can I use the estout or outreg command to store the matrix in excel?
Date   Mon, 24 Sep 2012 12:28:54 +0200

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 8:33 PM, Sabine Brunswicker wrote:
> I would like to store my co-variance matrix in an excel file or word file.
> I know how to use the estout command to make regression tables but  I am not
> table to make  the co-variance  matrix.

-estout- is user written, so, per the Statalist FAQ, you need to tell
where you got it from. I will assume you got it from SSC. The logic
for requiring this is that there are often multiple versions of user
written software floating around in cyberspace, and it does not help
if we are talking about different programs.

*---------- begin example -----------
// prepare example data
sysuse auto, clear
generate wgt=weight/2000
label var wgt "weigh in short tons)"

// estimate -tobit- model
tobit mpg wgt, ll(17)

// use -estout- on the variance-covariance matrix
matrix V = e(V)
esttab matrix(V)
*----------- end example ------------
(For more on examples I sent to the Statalist see:
http://www.maartenbuis.nl/example_faq )

You can read more here:
<http://repec.org/bocode/e/estout/advanced.html#advanced905>

Hope this helps,