Re: st: SSC install problems

From   Muhammad Anees <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: SSC install problems
Date   Wed, 19 Sep 2012 14:46:30 +0500

Hello,

This error is mostly because of the Disconnection from the Internet.
Also chances leads to this error if the download link is not now
available. Please confirm this or confirm that the Stata connects
(uses appropriate network paths, proxies) to the internet.

I hope this helps.
Anees

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 2:42 PM, "Fabian Schönenberger" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Dear Statalist
> I am currently facing problems updateing and installing from ssc. I tried to install tsspell, a user-written program from ssc, but it did not work.I also tried adoupdate, update and the following error message occured:
>

> adoupdate, update
> (note: adoupdate updates user-written files; type -update- to check for updates to official Stata)
>
> Checking status of installed packages...
>
>     [1] rollreg at http://fmwww.bc.edu/RePEc/bocode/r:
>
> I/O error
>                  fopen():   691  I/O error
>          loadsscupfile():     -  function returned error
>  pkg_update_status_ssc():     -  function returned error
>      pkg_update_status():     -  function returned error
> pkg_update_status_noisily():     -  function returned error
>  extract_update_exists():     -  function returned error
>     pkg_chk_and_update():     -  function returned error
>                  <istmt>:     -  function returned error
> r(691);
>
> When trying installing tsspell, the following error occured:
>
> ssc install tsspell
> connection timed out -- see help r(2) for troubleshooting
> http://fmwww.bc.edu/repec/bocode/t/ either
>   1)  is not a valid URL, or
>   2)  could not be contacted, or
>   3)  is not a Stata download site (has no stata.toc file).
> r(2);
>

> Any suggestions highly appreciated. My internet access works fine.
>
> Thanks
>
> FS

Best
Muhammad Anees
Assistant Professor/Programme Coordinator
COMSATS Institute of Information Technology
Attock 43600, Pakistan
http://www.aneconomist.com