Re: st: Re: standardized coefficients from a probit model for path analysis using -listcoef-

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: standardized coefficients from a probit model for path analysis using -listcoef-
Date   Tue, 18 Sep 2012 12:27:00 +0200

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 12:13 PM, Hilary Taylor wrote:
> Thanks for your kind reply Martin.  However my data has a binary dependent
> variable and ALL of the others (direct and indirect variables) are
> continuous, so this is not suitable for -ldecomp-.

True,  in the conclusion to that article(*) I pointed to various
alternatives. A more recent one is: Kohler, Karlson and Holm (2011)
"Comparing coefficients of nested nonlinear probability models". The
Stata Journal 11(3):420-438. However, beware: this is very much a area
of active research and no consensus has been reached on which method
is "best".

-- Maarten

(*) M.L. Buis (2010) "Direct and indirect effects in a logit model",
The Stata Journal, 10(1), pp. 11-29.

Maarten L. Buis
WZB
Reichpietschufer 50