Re: st: xtnbreg and alternative methods

From   Muhammad Anees <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: xtnbreg and alternative methods
Date   Thu, 13 Sep 2012 09:07:28 +0500

Hello,

Resending the same message is not a guarantee to ensure some response.
It is the way you ask the question to increase the chance of

Anyway you can look at the different alternative Count Data models
implemented in a variety of Stata commands like:

-xtgee- with options for count data types.
-gnpoisson- for Generalized Poisson Regression

There is some useful commentary on such models in

Hilbe, J. 2011, Negative Binomial Regression, 2nd Edition, Cambridge
University Publications

I hope this helps somehow,

Best
Anees

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 11:49 PM, Mário Marques <[email protected]> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I resend my message. I would appreciate any help. Thanks
> Mário
>
> 2012/9/10 Mário Marques <[email protected]>:
>> Dear Statalist-Users,
>>
>> I need help about xtnbreg, fe. I am using Stata 11. My dependent
>> variable is a count of new subsidiaries for different countries-pairs.
>> I have read (from Allison and Waterman, 2002) that xtnbreg, fe is not
>> a true fixed effects model. Dependent variable is overdispersed and
>> there are within individuals time-invariant covariates.
>>

>> One of the solutions (I do not know if it is correct) is run
>> xtpoisson, fe and adjust standard errors upward for overdispersion
>> using person's chi squared or deviance. Do you think this procedure is
>> correct? If so, how could I get the Pearson's chi square/deviance
>> statistic?
>>
>> Do you know about other feasible alternative methods?
>>
>> Thanks for your consideration,
>> Mario Marques
>> *
>> *   For searches and help try:
>

> --
> Mário Marques
> University of Minho
> School of Economics and Management
> Campus de Gualtar
> 4710-057 Braga
> Portugal
>
> Tel: +351 253 604100 (ext. 5589)
> Email: [email protected]

Best
Muhammad Anees
Assistant Professor/Programme Coordinator
COMSATS Institute of Information Technology
Attock 43600, Pakistan
http://www.aneconomist.com