Re: st: Ancestry nominal dispersion measures like the Herfindahl, was Re: st: loops for regions

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Ancestry nominal dispersion measures like the Herfindahl, was Re: st: loops for regions
Date   Fri, 7 Sep 2012 18:29:55 +0100

Thanks for taking up the challenge.

I was thinking of Gini about 1915, so none of these trump that. I am
away from most of my relevant books, so can't give the precise
reference.

I am not distinguishing for historical purposes between sum of squared
probabilities, its complement, or its reciprocal and regard coming up
with any of these as equally noteworthy.

Nick