Re: st: "First numlist in weights( ...) invalid" error when using tssmooth to calculate a simple moving average

From   Aaron Kirkman <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: "First numlist in weights( ...) invalid" error when using tssmooth to calculate a simple moving average
Date   Thu, 6 Sep 2012 14:37:20 -0500

Nick, my mistake; I hadn't worked my way through -set trace- yet to
quite figure that out, but your explanation makes perfect sense. I'll
look into -egenmore-. Are you referring to its "-egen, ma()-"
functionality? According to this thread
(http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2009-08/msg00853.html) that
functionality is no longer supported (although the thread is somewhat
out of date).

Brian, thanks for the fix. Let me know if you need any more info from me.

Aaron