Re: st: wordcount() undocumented limitation?

From   daniel klein <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: wordcount() undocumented limitation?
Date   Fri, 31 Aug 2012 17:27:47 +0200

What bites here is the 244 character limits for strings (expressions).
This is documented in -help limits-. From what I understood at this
years German Stata Users Group Meeting, this limitation will be
"fixed" in Stata 13.

Best
Daniel

--
Happy Friday Statalisters.

I bumped into an unexpected blip with the wordcount() function that
I'm puzzled by..  It seems to stop part-way through a long string, so
I must have hit some (undocumented?) limit of the wordcount() string
function.

It seems strange to me that the wordcount() string function shouldn't
produce the same result as the extended macro function..  maybe I'm
missing something?