Re: st: Calculating months since entry into risk set by actor_id and month

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Calculating months since entry into risk set by actor_id and month
Date   Fri, 31 Aug 2012 15:42:01 +0100

The variable -wanted- (NO SHOUTING PLEASE ERIK) is in this example just

bysort actor_id (month) : gen wanted = _n -  1

I don't see what you desire if there is right censoring at the end,
but some technique is indicated by

bysort actor_id (month) : gen wanted = cond(event[_N] == 1, _n - 1, .)

Under -by:- the final value of -event- for each actor is just -event[_N]-.

Nick