Re: st: SEM with categorical variables

From   Duru <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: SEM with categorical variables
Date   Fri, 31 Aug 2012 12:23:27 +0200

Thanks for the comments, and this code works well. But, when I feed
that correlation matrix into SEM in Stata it does not take into
account that the data is ordinal while calculating fit indices. I
don't know if this is really a problem, but Mplus' black box procedure
uses weighted least squares and probit regressions while estimating
the model and they mention that they make adjustments to obtain a
correct p-value etc.

Another thing is that my model will also include continuous predictors
then I need to calculate those correlations separately and combine it
with the polychoric correlation matrix which seems to require some
craftiness -as yours- with macros.

Best,

Duru