RE: st: odbc working differently in windows and linux

From   tashi lama <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: odbc working differently in windows and linux
Date   Wed, 29 Aug 2012 21:55:45 +0000

I get it. It is the string limitation issue. The sql datatype varchar is nonissue since the documentation says the corresponding stata data type for sql data type varchar is string. Just the fact that some sql columns with type varchar are allowed while some are relieved tells me this is a string limitation issue. I could use _compress but there has to be a variable present before I use _compress. The dilemma is before I can use _compress, the column is alredy lost while loading dataset. Is there a cure to this???

One potential solution I can think of is using _compress as option while loading a dataset. Unfortunately, options are not allowed.

Thanks