st: loop

From   Chiara Mussida <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: loop
Date   Mon, 27 Aug 2012 08:32:27 +0200

Dear all,
the variable cat12 takes the values from 1 to 12. I want to create 12
different scalars or variables for each cat. The problem is that each
scalar must take the values correspondent to the log of the number of
obs in each cat (weighted) since i have to write an index which needs
those numbers. I tried with forvalues but i did not succeed!
Ps: cat12 is a variable for occupational categories (from 1 to 12). In
the index i put the weighted values (weight available in my dataset).
Thanks

--
Chiara Mussida
PhD candidate