Re: st: Renaming all value labels in a dataset

From   daniel klein <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Renaming all value labels in a dataset
Date   Thu, 23 Aug 2012 14:11:10 +0200

Mark,

this is implemented in -labren- (part of -labutil2-, SSC).

labren ,pre(foo_)

Best
Daniel

--
Hello all,

                I'm having some problems with Stata SE 12.1 (and
Stat-Transfer 10) in terms of merging files. I have several files that
have been StatTransferred into Stata files, and the variables labels
are auto-labelled LABA, LABB, LABC etc.

A problem occurs when these files are merged together, as LABA in
file1.dta and file2.dta refer to different values.

Is there any way to rename all the value labels in a dataset with a
prefix? Alternatively, is there a way to prefix value labels in
StatTransfer? I was unable to find any advice in the help files beyond
dropping and recreating variables, which given the number of files and
variables would be very time consuming. Any advice on a faster process
would be much appreciated.

                Many thanks,
                                Mark