Re: st: FW: Running Polychoric Principal Component Analysis in STATA

From   Abekah Nkrumah <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: FW: Running Polychoric Principal Component Analysis in STATA
Date   Wed, 22 Aug 2012 15:18:34 +0100

Dear Hilda,

I have used the polychoric PCA command by Stas you can download it
from SSC and it has an adequate help file which you can read. As far
as I know you do not need to recode the data into dummies (see the
paper publish by Stas Kolenikov and Angels in the Journal of Income
and Wealth). It should be possible for you to go ahead and run the PCA
with the variables on an ordinal scale. Hope this helps

Regards