Re: st: unit-root test

From   Muhammad Anees <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: unit-root test
Date   Wed, 22 Aug 2012 19:05:58 +0500

Hello,

You can find more information on theoritical part from the references
given in the helpfile.

Moreoever, alternative sources of information is available from:
-xtunitroot- Check from Stata's command line if -help xtunitroot-
gives you these and if not then install it from -ssc install
xtunitroot- or find it using -xtunitroot-.

The help file contains more information but there are some points
which can be used to answer your questions:

1. You can not use varlist, so it means you have to run the command
for varname. It means may be using it for one variable at a time or
for each variable seperately.
2. You can not use -xtunitroot- for data with gaps or what we can say
some observations on some series are missing. The data should be
strongly balanced.
3. Once confirmed, you can use the first difference to overcome the
issue of non-stationarity or this can be confirmed that the series are
stationary in first difference.

I hope more discussion will help us learn more on these issues. Also I
hope this helps you somehow.

--

Best