Re: st: Xaxis transformation after logging variable

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Xaxis transformation after logging variable
Date   Tue, 21 Aug 2012 15:50:15 +0100

"Cox showed" (even guessing and narrowing it down to me) is not a
precise reference. But if your axis variable is log_10(variable) and
you want labels in terms of variable, you can just go something like

... xla(0 "1" 1 "10" 2 "100")

This is well documented at -help axis label options- and is no sense
limited to showing kernel density estimates.

I guess people ignored your previous question because it wasn't clear
(there are several possible generalisations oof the gamma
distribution) and was based on an incomplete reference. Still true.

Nick