Re: st: How to save a hessian matrix for post-estimation analysis?

From   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: How to save a hessian matrix for post-estimation analysis?
Date   Tue, 21 Aug 2012 18:56:55 +0800 (CST)

Dear Gordon,

Thanks for the answer. It seems that there is no easy way to use the official command, e.g. “logit”, “mprobit”, etc., and save the original hessian.

By the way, I wonder that, if the negative hessian is singular or not positive definite, is there any drawback to using the generalised inverse hessian? I know that some standard errors in the output will be labelled with a dot, which means we can’t do the statistical tests for those predictors. How about the other standard errors appearing as usual? We can use them to do the test, but will them cause invalid results?

Thanks for the help.

Best Regards,

Chi-lin Tsai