Re: st: Common Factor Analysis

Subject   Re: st: Common Factor Analysis
Date   Fri, 17 Aug 2012 07:36:53 -0500

Given that there is no real model in EFA, and you can turn around your
analysis with thousands of options like # of  factors, rotation, etc.,
there is no real point in computing the standard errors or confidence
intervals. For any fixed procedure, you can do that; but for EFA as a
method, and the way it is used in practice, the differences between
the factor models produced with these different options will far
exceed the standard errors, so the latter do not serve the purpose of
quantifying the uncertainty about your estimates.

--
-- Stas Kolenikov  ::  http://stas.kolenikov.name
-- Senior Survey Statistician, Abt SRBI  ::  work email kolenikovs at