st: saving and using chi2 distances from correspondence analysis

From   Heidi ReynoldsStenson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: saving and using chi2 distances from correspondence analysis
Date   Thu, 9 Aug 2012 17:09:36 -0700

After running correspondence analysis, I used the command *estat
distance, nocolumn* to get the chi2 distances between the row
categories.  I am interested in comparing these distances with those
from other years of data.  So, I would now like to save this matrix of
chi2 distances and later combine this with the chi2 distances from
other years into one table.  I was hoping that the *estimates save*
and *estimates table* commands would do the trick.  However, when I
used *estimates save*, I was unable
to view what I had saved to see if it had in fact saved the matrix of
chi2 distances that had just been produced.  My suspicion is that it
actually saved all the estimates created by the correspondence
analysis instead, which I do not want.  If anyone knows whether or not
*estimate save* is working as I am hoping it is, or if there is
another way for me to
accomplish what I am trying to do, I would really appreciate the help. Thanks.

Heidi Reynolds-Stenson
PhD Student
Sociology Department
University of Arizona