Re: st: Loop-within-loop error while looping over observations for a microsimulation

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Loop-within-loop error while looping over observations for a microsimulation
Date   Tue, 7 Aug 2012 19:09:31 +0100

Sorry, but I have only incomplete understanding of what you are trying
to do and can only comment in limited ways.

1. I don't see how your code leads to "XY" being printed.

2. The extra -capture-s here do no harm, but why do you think they are
necessary? -capture- has as its main role catching things that can go
wrong with the data; it does not serve well if used to try to save
programmers from their own bugs.

3. I have hinted before and second time round I will be blunter: The
use of .f and .i here looks as if you are trying to pack information
better stored as two variables in one variable. At a wild guess this
may be behind your difficulties, but I can't make that concrete.

Nick