Re: st: Question on Wooldridge's Procedure 18.1

Subject   Re: st: Question on Wooldridge's Procedure 18.1
Date   Tue, 7 Aug 2012 09:53:35 -0400

B.Gibbons <[email protected]>:
This question is not clear to me--the point is that weak IV
diagnostics work fine for the linear probability model but not
Procedure 18.1, as evidenced by a thought experiment (or simulation)
using white noise variables as excluded instruments as in my 2010
post. When you say "can't test the exclusion restriction" you are
apparently confusing several tests of quality of inference in
instrumental variables. I have no idea what you mean by "the
non-linearity in the probit may be correlated with..." (did you mean
some component of the error? a generalized residual?)