Re: st: propensity score matching question

From   Nyasha Tirivayi <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: propensity score matching question
Date   Tue, 7 Aug 2012 13:27:50 +0200

Dear Peter

Thanks for your response. The study is evaluating the impact of food
aid on adherence to medication. The hypotheses is that food aid
improves adherence to medication. I have three groups of the treated
i.e.  first group was on food aid from july 2009 to dec 2009, second
group from may 2009 to Jan 2010  and third group from december 2009 to
July 2010. The first group has about 36 people, the second around 65
and the last one abour over a 100.

The comparison group has over 1000 people. Since I do not have the
same baseline for everyone, is propensity score matching still ideal
for my evaluation? How would I account for the varying times in
program participation by the three treated group?   If not, what other
method can I use in Stata.

Kindly advise

Regards

N. Tirivayi