st: Generalized linear mixed model for repeated measures of nominal response variable

From   "Jimenez, Natalia" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Generalized linear mixed model for repeated measures of nominal response variable
Date   Mon, 6 Aug 2012 14:45:31 -0500

Hi,

I need to make an analysis using a generalized linear mixed model (glmm), for a nominal (unordered categorical) response variable which was measured at multiple time points (longitudinal data). I have unsuccessfully been trying to figure out how to do this using Stata. I have only found examples of glmm's for nominal dependent variables (using the gllamm package with mlogit link), and have not seen examples that include both the nominal AND longitudinal components into the model. How do I tell Stata that there are repeated observations for each subject? I also need to specify how the repeated measures are correlated within each subject [AR(1)]. Does anyone know how to do this or have any examples that would like to share? I would rather not try to use SAS. Thanks!

Natalia