Re: st: RE: Cumulative Frequencies within Groups

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Cumulative Frequencies within Groups
Date   Fri, 3 Aug 2012 23:47:42 +0100

See also -groups- (SJ and SSC).

Nick

On 3 Aug 2012, at 22:20, "Ben Hoen" <[email protected]> wrote:

As often happens...preparing the email prompted me to think differently.

Here is the solution:

*=========== Begin ==================

sysuse auto, clear
g levels=(int(4*runiform()))+1 //to create an categorical variable
representing 4 groups
bys levels rep78 : gen freq = _N
bys levels rep78 : gen cumfreq = _N if _n == 1
bys levels: replace cumfreq = sum(cumfreq)
bys levels: tabdisp rep78, cell(freq cumfreq)

Ben Hoen
LBNL
Office: 845-758-1896
Cell: 718-812-7589