Re: st: Testing for interaction the right way

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Testing for interaction the right way
Date   Mon, 30 Jul 2012 16:18:40 +0200

My bad, I did not see that bwtgestage_sd was continuous, use
-i.motherland2##c.bwtgestage_sd-. For more see: -help fvvarlist-.

-- Maarten

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Amal Khanolkar <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Maarten,
>
> Thanks for the suggestions.
>
> When I tried to use the '##' to indicate an interaction I got the following error message:
>
> . regress syst i.motherland2##bwtgestage_sd age byear i.conscript_office bmi height_cons i.education if multibirth==1
> bwtgestage_sd:  factor variables may not contain noninteger values
> r(452);
>
> end of do-file
>
> Have I left out something, or should it be done differently? (bwtgestage_sd is a continuous variable).
>
> Thanks,
>
> /Amal.

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie