RE: st: Match two samples in stata

From   "William Buchanan" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Match two samples in stata
Date   Thu, 26 Jul 2012 13:37:03 -0700

Eln,

Sarah has already given you an answer to this question in her last reply:

"From some of your previous posts it sounds like whether a company issued a
bond is the outcome you're interested in studying.  If that's the case you
don't want to match the bond issuers with non-bond issuers, you want to
model the process.  Probably by running a logit (or probit) model as
suggested in previous threads.  In that case you would be controlling for
size and industry but there's no matching involved."

So far you've provided us with information regarding your outcome - issuance
of a bond - and essentially covariates - size and industry - but not any
other information.  Given the substantial amount of advice that you've been
provided with, it would really be helpful for you to provide some explicit
details (e.g., an equation that represents the model you are trying to fit
to the data) and/or examples (e.g., an idea of what your data currently
looks like and what you hope it will look like).

Without additional information, you will continue to get the same responses.
With additional information, you would likely be able to get some incredibly
useful feedback on the model that you're proposing, how to execute it in
Stata, or both.

HTH,
Billy