Re: st: using stata automation with VB.net

From   San Chu <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: using stata automation with VB.net
Date   Thu, 26 Jul 2012 09:17:26 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, Hua Peng.
One admin of the machine gave me full permission on stata folder. Howerver, when I executed stataSE-64/register or stataSE-64/regserver, an error occurred: "Invalid option in File-Properties". Which other folders do I need write permission? Thanks for your time.
San

----- Original Message -----
From: Hua Peng <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Cc: San Chu <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2012 9:43 AM
Subject: Re: st: using stata automation with VB.net

San Chu <[email protected]> wrote:

>I would like to use stata automation with VB.net. I am trying the very first
>examples from www.stata.com/automation/. When I add reference for a project
>in VS, there is no stata item in the list of COM. Could someone help me to
>solve this problem?
>I have Visual Studio 2010 and stataSE -64 version 12 on one computer that I am
>not an admin.

To install the Stata OLE object or any OLE objects, the user must
be an admin of the machine.  San needs to ask an admin of the machine
to register the Stata OLE object following the instructions for
Vista machines in http://www.stata.com/automation/#install

Hua

*   For searches and help try:
*  http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?searchhttp://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faqhttp://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/