RE: st: Pooling DHS surveys: svyset command?

From   <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Pooling DHS surveys: svyset command?
Date   Wed, 25 Jul 2012 14:33:51 +0100

Dear Steve,

Thank you for your response.

You are correct - the v024 variable does not designate regions in the
Malawi 2000 DHS.
Thankfully a statistician who works for MeasureDHS has kindly clarified
the issue:

"I guess it was stratified by urban/rural crossing district defined by a
country specific variable S006. But when you check the frequency, some
urban stratum might have only one cluster selected. If this poses
problems for your application, I suggest you to use V023 crossing V025,
this gives you the best approximation of the stratification.  Hope this
helps."

Very helpful.

Best,
Milo