Re: st: q-q plots, theoretical distribution with values higher than the sample's cutoff point

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: q-q plots, theoretical distribution with values higher than the sample's cutoff point
Date   Wed, 18 Jul 2012 19:29:32 +0100

You have several values clumped up near 10,000. That alone does not
seem appropriate for any distribution that in principle is unbounded
above. How were these numbers calculated?

In addition, some scrutiny of your quantiles and a few quick
calculations suggest that your distribution is a fair way from
lognormal. It is not skewed or long-tailed enough given its other
parameters. I haven't tried the other distributions named, but I
suspect a similar story. (I can't tell how much difference pweights
make to this, but I guess not much.)

Nick