Re: st: Ordered Logit - Should I use it or not

From   Christoph Engel <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Ordered Logit - Should I use it or not
Date   Sat, 14 Jul 2012 18:26:45 +0200

Augusto,

There would be nothing wrong with using ordered logit. If you do, you loose information though. You know how far each step is different from the next, and you know that the final step is different by two steps of 2.5 from the previous. Given this final feature of your data, OLS may eventually be better (and many would accept it with a variable of 6 expressions). If you want to be more scrupulous, you might also run an interval regression

intreg

This regression exploits the information about the fact that the distance from 0 to 2.5 is the same as the distance from 2.5 to 5, and so forth. As for the syntax, you must generate a lower level, e.g.

gen low = dv - 1.25

and an upper level

gen high = dv + 1.25

and would then run