Re: st: RE: Predicting survival at a specific time following generalized gamma regression

Subject   Re: st: RE: Predicting survival at a specific time following generalized gamma regression
Date   Wed, 11 Jul 2012 10:57:25 -0400

Al's advice to transform S(t) is excellent. My previous example
produced confidence limits outside of [0,1] Here's a rewrite e with
the complementary log-log transformation. c(t) = log(-log(S(t)).

Steve

webuse drugtr, clear
streg drug age, dist(gamma) time coeflegend

gen old_t = _t
replace _t = 20
predict t_surv, surv

local myt = 20
#delim ;
predictnl c_`myt' =
cloglog(gammap( _b[kappa:_cons]^(-2),
(_b[kappa:_cons]^(-2))*exp(_b[kappa:_cons]*
(log(`myt')-xb())/exp(_b[ln_sig:_cons])))),
se(se_`myt') ci(lowc_`myt' uppc_`myt');
#delim cr
gen surv_`myt' = 1- invcloglog(c_`myt')
gen s_low_`myt' =1- invcloglog(uppc_`myt')
gen s_upp_`myt' =1 -invcloglog(lowc_`myt')
sum  t_surv surv_* s_low* s_upp*
list  t_surv surv_* s_low* s_upp* in 1/2