RE: st: data import/varname problem

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: data import/varname problem
Date   Wed, 11 Jul 2012 11:22:53 +0100

Evaluating names using = will cause long lists of names to be truncated. You could just copy

local mymac `r(varlist)'

or use e.g. -unab- to put unabbreviated names straight into a macro.

insheet using ...
unab wanted : *
insheet using ...
unab actual : *
rename (`actual')  (`wanted')

Scott Merryman

Something like this:

. insheet using "C:\Users\scott.merryman\Desktop\variablenames.csv", clear
(3 vars, 0 obs)

. ds
aaa  bbb  ccc

. local name =r(varlist)

.  insheet using "C:\Users\scott.merryman\Desktop\data.csv", clear
(3 vars, 2 obs)

. l

     +--------------+
     | v1   v2   v3 |