Re: st: Can the viewer window be rendered by Firefox instead? And other speech recognition tips

From   "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Can the viewer window be rendered by Firefox instead? And other speech recognition tips
Date   Tue, 10 Jul 2012 14:32:50 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you for your answer, this is a very helpful tip. The only problem with the online help files is that they are missing the bit which connects related commands and allows you to easily navigate around. For example, the online help page for the regress command does not include the following conveniently linked help pages (which do appear in the viewer window):

| Also see
|
|     Manual:  [R] regress
|
|       Help:  [R] regress postestimation, [R] regress postestimation time
|              series;
|              [R] anova, [TS] dfactor, [TS] dvech

So, if anyone is aware of a way to force the rendering of the viewer window through Firefox that would still be helpful. Alternatively, perhaps Stata can be convinced to post that last little bit online, if anybody knows the best way to approach them for this please let me know.

Regarding the use of real names I am indeed aware of the FAQ and the omission of my real name is by no means intended as a sign of disrespect to fellow users. By the same token, I would also ask the real name proponents to consider that in the age of web indices different folks have different needs for privacy. For example, folks outside of academia, folks with disabilities such as those that necessitate the use of speech recognition, or folks seeking employment in areas or geographies with fewer protections may not wish to see their postings show up every time a potential employer or interviewer googles their name.