Re: st: xttobit & stata 12: Initial values not feasible

From   Surender Komera <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: xttobit & stata 12: Initial values not feasible
Date   Tue, 3 Jul 2012 18:33:48 +0530

Hi Marteen,

There are not many censored observations. Of my complete sample
(28850) observations 2 are lower censored and 50 are upper censored.
For your information dependent variable is fractional variable bounded
by (0,1). As you might have understand for each quartile for the
sample data there not more than 20 censored observations. Right side
variable censoring don't come into my analysis. For your reference my
equation is:

xttobit mlev l.mlev wprofit wmb wndts wtang wsize mlev_initial
exprofit exmb exndts extang exsize d2-d20 if size_quartile==1, ll(0)
ul(1)

I am trying to estimate Speed of adjustment towards target capital
structure. I also tried above equation without controlling time
(d2-d20). But the problem is same.

Hope this information helps in addressing my solution. Please let me
know if you need any clarification. I appreciate your time.
Thanks - Surender