RE: st: How to plot progression over time for individual cases/IDs

From   Sofia Ramiro <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: How to plot progression over time for individual cases/IDs
Date   Tue, 3 Jul 2012 01:30:27 +0100

OK, thanks.
I managed to do it, according to your description, Maarten, but in fact, if plotting so many lines is always a challenge, it's even more with Stata (eg compared to excel), as the graph gets smaller and hardly seen.
Unfortunately, I don't find a better way to do it than to reestructure the file (so that my outcome variable is split into different variables according to the timepoint) and then listing the variables per case/ID and copying pasting the values to excel (which requires to adjust the data to the tables, etc) and then finally plotting the graphs. Any better way to do it?
then, for the stratifications (eg male/female), repeat the same procedure.
In excel I do get some nice graphs that help to get insight into the data. It is just very time consuming to do all the copy/pastes and content adjusting into excel, but if there is not quicker way of doing it, that is how I do.
Thanks

Sofia