st: Mergining horozontally excel files under a particular patern

From   sabbas gidarokostas <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Mergining horozontally excel files under a particular patern
Date   Mon, 2 Jul 2012 19:31:29 +0200

I have an excel file that contains 39 sheets
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,….

I want tfirst o merge sheet 3 with 2 and then merge the new sheet that
results from this merging  with sheet 1. So 3+2+1
Similarly, I want to merge first sheet 6 with 5 and then merge the new
sheet that results from this merging with sheet 4. So. 6+5+4
Similarly,  I want to merge first sheet 9 with 8 and then merge the
new sheet that results from this merging with sheet 7. So,  9+8+7
And so forth
To be more specific,
My goal is to merge horizontally all the data contained in sheet 3
with the data contained in the matrix [C5 up to the C-end and C5 up to
End-5] of Sheet 2. The outcome of this merging is then merged
horizontally with the data contained in the matrix [C5 up to the C-end
and C5 up to End-5] of Sheet 1

Similarly, I  want to merge horizontally all the data contained in
sheet 6 with the data contained in the matrix [C5 up to the C-end and
C5 up to End-5] of Sheet 5. The outcome of this merging is then merged
horizontally with the data contained in the matrix [C5 up to the C-end
and C5 up to End-5] of Sheet 4

and so forth.

Is there any way to do this particular merging

thanks