st: How to compare the values of variables for respondent and his spouse within the same household?

From   xueliansharon <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: How to compare the values of variables for respondent and his spouse within the same household?
Date   Sat, 23 Jun 2012 09:10:29 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all,

I have a data set which has records for both the family respondent and
his/her spouse. And I want to check whether the values of each variable for
the family respondent and his spouse are the same, e.g., in the following
data file, I want to check whether the values of the variable v1 are the
same for person 1010 (FamR) and 1020 (Spouse), person 2020 (FamR) and 2010
(spouse), etc. How to realize this purpose?

The data structure is like:

FamR  person ID   spouse ID    v1    v2
1        1010          1020
0        1020          1010
1        2020          2010
0        2010          2020
1        3012          3001
0        3001          3012
1        4011          0

Here, FamR is a dummy indicating whether the respondent is a Family
Respondent (=1, is Family Respondent, =0, Spouse of FamR). "PersonID"
provides the ID for the individual, and "SpouseID" provides the ID for the
individual's spouse. When SpouseID=0, it means that the individual doesn't
have a spouse. v1 and v2 are two variables.

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Xuelian