Re: st: naming log twice

Subject   Re: st: naming log twice
Date   Fri, 22 Jun 2012 14:41:08 -0500

-name()- allows you to keep multiple logs open, and to write into each
of them, possibly intermittently. If you don't specify the -name()-,
there can only be one log file open, so you may have to keep track of
when you close it, on top of your other data analysis worries.

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 11:22 AM, tashi lama <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> Does anyone have any idea why we have to do the following instead of log using filename1
>

> log using filename1, name(filename1)
>

> Are we creating a filename twice?
>

> This might be helpful. When I
>

> log using sample

> log close
>

> . log close
>      name:  <unnamed>
>       log:  C:\Users\Tashi\Documents\sample.smcl
>  log type:  smcl
>  closed on:  22 Jun 2012, 12:07:19
>

> I would assume there is sample in place of <unnamed> because I created a filename sample. Any idea?
>

> *
> *   For searches and help try:

---- Stas Kolenikov
-- http://stas.kolenikov.name
---- Senior Survey Statistician, Abt SRBI
-- Opinions stated in this email are mine only, and do not reflect the
position of my employer