RE: st: RE: Silent/unattended Stata 11 update

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Silent/unattended Stata 11 update
Date   Tue, 19 Jun 2012 17:35:24 +0100

I've done this several times on a particular site with multiple servers and it was a pure division of labour between a systems person and myself as knowing something about Stata. But we needed to do this with human interaction.

The more serious answer is to get in touch with Stata tech-support. They know several orders of magnitude more about this than I do.

Kai Timmer

Am 19.06.2012 13:37, schrieb Nick Cox:
> I don't think the last statement is automatically correct.

But how would you update the software if you have it installed on lots
of computers?

Even downloading the new ado-files and than run the "update from"
command, seems to involve some user interaction.