RE: st: Comparison of Coefficients in Conditional Logistic regression

From   Cameron McIntosh <[email protected]>
To   STATA LIST <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Comparison of Coefficients in Conditional Logistic regression
Date   Sat, 16 Jun 2012 14:40:19 -0400

Hi Anestis,
You need to be careful when you compare logistic regression coefficients. You should read the following:

Fielding, A. (2004). Scaling for residual variance components of ordered category responses in generalised linear mixed multilevel models. Quality and Quantity, 38, 425-433.

Bauer, D.J. (2009). A note on comparing the estimates of models for cluster-correlated or longitudinal data with binary or ordinal outcomes. Psychometrika, 74(1), 97-105.

Allison, P.D. (1999). Comparing logit and probit coefficients across groups. Sociological Methods & Research, 28(2), 186-208.

Allison, P.D. (1987). Introducing a Disturbance into Logit and Probit Regression Models. Sociological Methods & Research, 15(4), 355-374.

Karlson, A.K.B., Holm, A., & Breen, R. (August 12, 2010). Comparing Regression Coefficients Between Models using Logit and Probit: A New Method. CSER Working Paper Series, WP No. 0003. Centre for Strategic Educational Research: Aarhus, Denmark: DPU, Aarhus University.http://www.cser.dk/fileadmin/www.cser.dk/wp_003kbkkkjrb.pdf

Mood, C. (2010). Logistic regression: Why we cannot do what we think we can do, and what we can do about it. European Sociological Review, 26(1), 67-82.

Williams, R. (2009). Using heterogeneous choice models to compare logit and probit coefficients across groups. Sociological Methods & Research, 37(4), 531-559.

Williams, R. (September 2011). Comparing Logit and Probit Coefficients between Models and Across Groups. Notre Dame Sociology.http://nd.edu/~rwilliam/stats/Oglm.pdfhttp://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam/stats/Oglm-Handout.pdf

Long, J.S. (2009). Group Comparisons in Logit and Probit Using Predicted Probabilities. Working paper draft 2009-06-25.http://www.indiana.edu/~jslsoc/files_research/groupdif/groupwithprobabilities/groups-with-prob-2009-06-25.pdfhttp://www.indiana.edu/~jslsoc/research_groupdif.htm

Cam