st: RE: Column widths in -tab- or including row percentages in -table-

From   Tim Evans <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Column widths in -tab- or including row percentages in -table-
Date   Wed, 13 Jun 2012 12:08:56 +0100

I think -tab- isn't going to help me here

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2012-06/msg00200.html

, so I guess getting percentages into -table- is going to be my best option.

Or re-define my variable labels.

Best wishes

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Tim Evans
Sent: 13 June 2012 11:41
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: st: Column widths in -tab- or including row percentages in -table-

Hi all,

probably a really simple question to ask but having search around I cant seem to land on a solution..

I am creating a twoway table of year of diagnosis and counts of 30 day mortality, I get the row percentages at the same time using the following code in Stata 11.2:

tab yydx Thirty if ID==5 & stflag=="Yes", row

However, the column width in the table truncates the display of my values, I have two values
column a) 'Died < 30 days'
column b) 'Didnt die <30 days'

When I use the above code, column b is truncated to 'didn't die', now this is misleading.

I therefore tried -table- using the following

table yydx Thirty if ID==5 & stflag=="Yes", col

and this works better and displays the full label, however, I'm not sure how to pull in the row percentages.

Any help appreciated.

Best wishes

Tim
_DISCLAIMER:
This email and any attachments hereto contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be confidential or legally privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail and you are not the intended recipient(s), please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail or any attachments, as this may be unlawful.