Re: st: visual guide to variable transformations?

From   Lloyd Dumont <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: visual guide to variable transformations?
Date   Tue, 12 Jun 2012 10:25:04 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you, Cameron, Nick, Austin, and David for these suggestions.  Definitely enough to get me on my way.  Lloyd

----- Original Message -----
From: Cameron McIntosh <[email protected]>
To: STATA LIST <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, June 7, 2012 9:52 PM
Subject: RE: st: visual guide to variable transformations?

Lloyd,

Not exactly what you're searching for either, but if you're thinking about transforming variables in the regression context, I might also recommend taking a look at:

Ip, W.C., Wong, H., Wang, S.-G., & Jia, Z.-Z. (2004). A GIC rule for assessing data transformation in regression. Statistics & Probability Letters, 68(1), 105–110.

Cheng, T.-C. (2005). Robust regression diagnostics with data transformations. Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, 49(3), 875–891.

da Silva, M.V., Van Tassell, C.P., Sonstegard, T.S., Cobuci, J.A., & Gasbarre, L.C. (2012). Box–Cox Transformation and Random Regression Models for Fecal egg Count Data. Frontiers in Genetics, 2: 112.

Riani, M., & Atkinson, A.C. (2000). Robust Diagnostic Data Analysis: Transformations in Regression. Technometrics, 42(4), 384-394.

Dastan, A., & Horne, R.N. (2011). Robust Well-Test Interpretation by Using Nonlinear Regression With Parameter and Data Transformations. SPE Journal, 16(3), 698-712.

Stöckl, D., & Thienpont, L.M. (2008). Introduction of non-linearity by data transformation in method comparison and commutability studies. Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, 46(12), 1784-1785.

Zhou, X.-H., Lin, H., & Johnson, E. (2008). Non-parametric heteroscedastic transformation regression models for skewed data with an application to health care costs. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series B (Statistical Methodology), 70(5), 1029–1047.

Cam

*