st: Disappearing variable/results window in Stata 12 for Mac

From   Malcolm Wardlaw <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Disappearing variable/results window in Stata 12 for Mac
Date   Mon, 4 Jun 2012 18:01:09 -0400

I'm having a serious windowing problem in Stata 12 for Mac OS X.  Whenever I resize my variable/review window all the way to the edge, the window completely disappears and the resizing behavior then resizes the results window only.  I can't seem to make the variable/review window reappear.  I've tried activating it via the drop-down menu and keyboard, dragging various parts of the screen, and moving the windowing scheme from combined to widescreen and back again, but nothing seems to bring the windows back.  The behavior seems to reset itself after a restart or a change in display resolution, but I can't really tell.

Am I missing something really simple?  I've searched the stateliest for this topic, but no one seems to be having this issue.

-Malcolm