st: st: Interval Censored Data Formatting and Intcens

From   Ciril Bosch <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: st: Interval Censored Data Formatting and Intcens
Date   Mon, 4 Jun 2012 11:08:44 -0700

Hi Steve,
thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it. Indeed intcens comes from SSC.

My data is in a wide format and reads:

id dose event session

Where session stands for ordered session when doses where applied

In my example:

id   dose   event   session
1      13       1          1
2      13       0          2
3      21       1          1
4      21       1          2

My example might have induced to confusion as I was unclear in my
specification:

1) I don't actually apply two dosages to subjects. The t_0==1 and
t_1==3 that I have for all subjects is actually a "dummy treatment"
which never took place. I used it as a primitive way of telling Stata
that there is left censoring and that it should take that into account
(I do know that
dose==3 will always have event==0 for all subjects).

2) Treatments are completely independent across subjects even if they
are dosed in "batches". A dummy for session will be included in the
analysis, but this is just for the sake of completeness (or so I
hope!).

So as you can see my design cannot be simpler; select a small set of
doses to apply and then observe results on a series of subjects.

I will try the code you sent once I get onto my computer and see if I
can run it with intcens.

Again, thanks for your help,
Ciril