Re: st: RE: merge

From   "Fabian Schönenberger" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: merge
Date   Sat, 02 Jun 2012 11:58:52 +0200

Dear Simon

Sorry, I did not see your reply! Many thanks for your feedback. However, I still could not solve the problem. But, I have checked my key-variables in the master- and using-file. Cusip consists of numbers and letters; each company has its specific cusip. I encoded this variables in order to use it in regressions etc. But I think this is now a problem for mergeing data. However, if I decode the cusip again, I can not use it with xtset because its a string variable.

Do I have to generate a new numeric variable for each cusip (without letters) in order to merge?

Fabian

-------- Original-Nachricht --------