st: Matched Pairs, Treatment-Control, Interrupted Panel Study -- What Model will Work?

From   Jenny Day <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Matched Pairs, Treatment-Control, Interrupted Panel Study -- What Model will Work?
Date   Fri, 01 Jun 2012 17:43:49 +1000

Hi Out There!

I have a beautiful balanced panel dataset from 1998 to 2011, of election
results (incumbents re-elected, party turnover, voter turnout, etc.) for
municipalities in the USA, with no missing values.  I have matched 25
treatment cities to 25 control cities. All of the treatment cities
experienced a certain policy shock at different times between 2007 and
2011; the control cities are similar in demographic composition and
region, but did not experience the shock.  I also have relevant control
variables from the Census data.

In summary, I have a setup for a matched-pairs, treatment-control,
interrupted panel study.  I want to use a panel method to estimate the
effect of that shock.  I am writing to this list because I am not sure
what statistical method is suitable for this type of study.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!!
Jennie