st: RE: remove weekend data

From   "Sarah Edgington" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: remove weekend data
Date   Thu, 31 May 2012 11:33:06 -0700

Tashi,
Unless there's something about your task that I'm not understanding that
solution looks like it should work fine.  Is there something about it that
you're unhappy with?
If you don't want to keep the dow variable for any other purpose a shorter
solution is: drop if dow(date)==0 | dow(date)==6
I suspect that there isn't a specific command for distinguishing weekends
and weekdays because the dow function makes identifying them a one line
task.

-Sarah

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of tashi lama
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 11:13 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: remove weekend data

Hello all,

There don't seem to have stata command or module to get rid of weekend data
although I think I have just enough way to do it using some technique. I
would like to present my solution in hope that I would get some feedback

and other solutions. Say my dataset looks like

  date

03jan2012

04jan2012

05jan2012