st: Command accepts only global macros

From   Kohvakka Roosa <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Command accepts only global macros
Date   Wed, 30 May 2012 18:03:12 +0300

Hi,

Does anyone have any idea why some commands accept only global, and not local, macros in them? E.g. with  "regress" you can use local macros for the depvar and indep vars, no prob. But with this user-written command "mvdcmp" I am using (a decomposition) I can only define the dependent variable, indep variables and the estimation command using global macros.

I can do this all right, just wondering why this is. Thanks.

Roosa Kohvakka
Researcher