st: RE: RE: Create a table of estimation results from several simple regressions

From   Lance Erickson <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Create a table of estimation results from several simple regressions
Date   Tue, 29 May 2012 22:53:59 +0000

Hassan,

When I have problems like this I take advantage of the results Stata saves after a model and put the information I need into a matrix. The help file for -esttab- suggests it can tabulate matrices. So you might do something like this...

sysuse auto, clear

reg price mpg
matrix mpg = r(table)'
matrix mpg = mpg[1,1..2],e(N)

reg price rep78
matrix rep78 = r(table)'
matrix rep78 = rep78[1,1..2],e(N)

reg price turn
matrix turn = r(table)'
matrix turn = turn[1,1..2],e(N)

matrix table = mpg\rep78\turn

matrix colnames table = b se N

esttab matrix(table)

Of course, you can modify the output table as described in the -esttab- help file (Ben Jann from SSC) but this should give you the basic structure you're looking for. (Although not necessary, looping through the independent variables would be more efficient and wouldn't be too difficult if you're familiar with using -foreach-.)

Best,
Lance